How to Quickly Improve Your German With These Free Resources For Learning German Online
Ideally you should invest a few hours a week to keep to get the most out of learning a new language. Regular practice helps to keep you motivated and by looking at all 4 skills (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) you can always find something to focus on.
In this blog post on Links and Resources for Learning German Online I try to give you some ideas and useful apps on how to expand your knowledge of German daily. This list will be constantly updated, so keep coming back. All resources I mention are free.
- http://www.german-grammar.de: German Grammar explained in English
- http://www.schubert-verlag.de: Online exercises and worksheets A1-C2
- http://www.dw.de/deutsch-lernen/nachrichten/: News in German spoken slowly, B2-C1
- http://www.cornelsen.de: Placement Test A1-B1 with immediate result in pdf
- http://www.sprachnachweis.de/sprachnachweis/pruefungen-beschreibung: Answers all your questions regarding official German exams
- http://www.dw.de/noch-mehr-märchen-aus-aller-welt: Animated films: 22 fairy tales from all over the world, mp4
- http://slowgerman.com: Podcast, short episodes dealing with everyday life in Germany
- http://leicht-deutsch-lernen.com or http://learn-german-easily.com: Learn basic German through the Story Telling Method by Lucas Kern
- Deutsch für dich: Community of international learners of German. Great exchange, excellent materials.
- https://www.studying-in-germany.org: Comprehensive site with information on studying in Germany and also a complete beginner’s guide to learning German fast!